Last updated: 24th April, 2019
PERSONAL DATA TO BE COLLECTED
1. You are not obligated to provide any information to us when you access or use the Website. We only collect Personal Data disclosed by you knowingly.
2. If you wish to receive communication, news update about our Products, upcoming events, Services, promotions and other information regarding us from time to time, you may be required to provide your personal data to us, including but not limited to your name and email address (“Personal Data”).
3. Certain data and information about your use of the Website and interaction with the Website may also be automatically collected by us by Cookies or other methods. Such data and information includes but not limited to IP address, browser type and language.
4. Your Personal Data and other data will be used for the following purposes:
4.1. If you have elected to receive direct marketing communications from us, your Personal Data may be used by us to send the latest news about our Products, upcoming events, Services, promotions and other information regarding us from time to time by email. Your Personal Data will be retained by us as long as you wish to receive such direct marketing communication. If you decide not to receive such direct marketing communication or updates from us, you may at any time contact us or by selecting the unsubscribe option included in each email.
5. Your Personal Data and other data may also be used for the following purposes:
5.1. customising and personalising your experience in using and accessing the Website;
5.2. operating, providing, improving and maintaining the products and services offered by LG or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (regardless of the brand or trademark under which we offer such products and services), collating statistical data and analysing your behaviour in using the Website;
5.3. meeting disclosure obligations and other requirements imposed by or for the purpose of any laws, regulations, rules, codes of practice or guidelines (whether applicable in or outside Hong Kong);
5.4. investigating, preventing or stopping fraud or abuse of the Website;
5.5. Fulfilling any other purposes directly related to or in connection with the purposes set out in clauses 5.1 to 5.4 above.
6. We shall take all practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use
7. Regular training will be provided to our management, officers, staff and employees for the proper handling of your Personal Data and your Personal Data is only accessible by our authorised staff members.
Subsidiaries and affiliates
8. We may provide your Personal Data to our subsidiaries and affiliates for their use within Hong Kong
9. Your Personal Data may also be shared with our service provider ("Service Providers") for certain activities for the operation of the Website such as Website management, to the extent necessary for performance of their functions but not for other purposes. Some of such Service Providers may be located outside Hong Kong.
10. Necessary organizational and contractual measures have been taken to ensure the Personal Data provided by you will be:
10.1. processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above; and
10.2. prevented from unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
11. Service Providers are not authorized to send any information about products or services of other companies to you without your permission.
By Law or to protect rights
MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
13. You have the right to check whether your Personal Data or other personally identifiable information is held by us and request access to and to correct your Personal Data in our records.
14. To unsubscribe and stop receiving messages without costs except cost of transmission, please click unsubscribe link in the email.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. Your Personal Data will be kept only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose which the Personal Data was collected. Archived Personal Data may also be retained for statistical purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
16. The Website may contain links of other websites operated by other parties. Those links are provided for your convenience only. LG is not responsible for processing of your personal data by those websites.
18. If you:-
18.1. have any questions, comments or complaints about us or how your Personal Data is processed;
18.2. wish not to receive any direct marketing communication or news updates from us;
18.3. wish to obtain your Personal Data collected and retained by us; or
18.4. wish to modify, correct or update your Personal Data or request removal of your Personal Data from our database;
you may contact our Customer Service Team whose contact details are set out below.
19. A summary of your Personal Data will be provided to you upon request. A reasonable fee may be charged by us to you for processing and complying with you data access request.